Monday, September 24, 2007

Harry’s Great White Adventure Part I.

September 24, 2007

Today is the last full week I will spend here in Halifax, as Aingeal and I get ready for our move across the country to Yellowknife. We are moving into the unknown as neither of us has visited that area before. I have been told it’s a great area to live in and many folks move out there and never come back.

My running gear is not complete, over the last 3 weeks I have been slowly adding quality cold weather gear. Aside from my normal pants and jackets I have purchased a micro fleece base layer (Long underwear for runners), wind briefs for the family jewels, triple layered micro fleece mittens rated to -30, a balaclava with a wind guard for the neck and of course a safety light that blinks.

This week while busy is also slightly sad, because of the move Shapiro our greyhound will be headed back to GPAC. They are the Greyhound Pet rescue here in Halifax. Greyhounds are a great dog and if you are interested in a great dog give them a lookup on the neb. www.gpac.ca

But on a good note, I just got an email that will allow me to run a leg in the Rum Runners Relay here in Nova Scotia. While I don't get a 1/2 marathon in because of the move I will get a good race in under my belt. Leg 6 between Hubbards and Chester. Should be a good time.

Harry

No comments: