Tuesday, September 11, 2007

August/September 2007

Yes I know its been a long while since I last posted a paragraph or two here. Things have been hectic and busy as ever in Halifax. I guess the big news is that the diabetic runner (me) is going on down the road.

Not just running, but Aingeal and I are moving out west. In fact we are moving to the Northwest Territories in about 3 weeks. The flight leaves on October 4, 2007. I love Halifax and I am very sorry to have to leave a great city. But, the job opportunity of a lifetime has come up and I would be foolish not to go.

I will be moving my Team Diabetes Marathon from the Goofy in Florida to I hope the New York City Marathon in Nov 2008. Couple of reasons for this, first training for a major event in Yellowknife may be a challenge, first the light. I can’t imagine running 30K runs in the dark. Also, the heat factor, I will be running in -30C weather, can you imagine going from -30C training to running in a marathon where the weather is 25 – 30C.

Just a quick update for now.
Harry

No comments: