Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Wed. May 23, 2007

Well a few days have passed and I am well on the road to recovery. I ran 4K this morning at a very slow pace and my legs held up very well. They are fatigued I can feel it but at least there is no pain.

Upcoming for this weekend is the Cabot Trail Relay in Cape Breton. It’s a 24 hour event where 65 teams put up 17 runners each and run almost 300K around Cape Breton. I have leg 3 which is 13.75Km and have 82 minutes to run it in. That is going to be a big challenge seeing that I just ran a marathon on Sunday.

Looking forward of easy running through the summer. Concentrating on 10K distances, I am going to try to keep hill work and speed work my training program, alternating them every other week, as well as try to throw in a 15 – 20K run once per month.

I will pick up a ½ marathon in October more then likely the Valley event in Kentville NS. It should be a nice run and flatter then Halifax.

Well back to the grindstone
Harry

2 comments:

sam said...

Hi Harry,

Here a note all the way from Holland. I read your marathon story, what a great race/preformance. Well done. I am planning to run the marathon in Amsterdam on the 21 of october. I have diabetes type 1. A big challange I never ran further than 25k. But it's good to read stories of people who did it, and can give information. So keep up the running!!! good luck, sam

Harry Jacobs said...

Thanks Sam, good luck, keep me posted on your run. I am sure you will do well.

Harry