Monday, November 3, 2008

Time to start posting again

I know as a blogger I suck, it has been much t0o long between posts, I mean March seems so long now. My running has been non-existent due to Achilles tendonitis. This has been chronic since December last year. It did go down and I started running again for that ½ in Edmonton, but I started hill training and that was the end of that.

The good news of course is that I still exercise 5 days per week on the elliptical. I simulate the running schedule on the elliptical. Right now I do the equivalent of 10 miles (110 minutes) on Sundays. Also simulate temp runs and hill training as well. While this is not optimum it does well enough.

This September brought my first grandson into the world. Tre was born September 14, 2008 in Edson, Alberta. His weight was 7lbs 10oz. We saw him in October at 5 weeks old and he was a real bundle of joy, not to mention gas. He does take after his Grandfather after all.

May brought my Marriage to Angela; we are now formally married and getting ready for our long awaited honeymoon cruise. We were to go on a Tall Ship adventure in the Caribbean but due to lack of interest on curises either side of ours they cancelled our cruise. Now we are off to take a Carnival Cruise line ship. Visiting Jamaica, Cayman Islands and Mexico, sailing out of Miami this cruise takes place in December.

My Fathers health is holding steady, I visited him at the end of June. He seems to be holding his own despite what is going on. We are hoping that he holds out so we can fly Natasha and Tre down in April or May of 2009. We would like to go to England next summer if we can, but we both feel that it is more important that he see his Great Grand Son.

I have a rant in me, but I am saving it for another day.

For now Steady on
Harry

No comments: