Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Sick last few days, But now on the mend

Well, after being sick for 5 days I finally coming back to the surface of wellness. Last Thursday I went home from work about 4:00PM just feeling really bad. Apparently I was running a 38C+ temp (according to my trusty Nurse Aingeal). It was pure luck that I had booked the Friday off anyway as I would never had made it in.

After missing Friday’s run, I took a slow run to the Running Room for the Saturday Morning LTR. That felt horrid, I managed to run with the clinic where I headed to work for an 8 hour shift as it was a big deployment weekend for the engagement I worked for hear in Halifax. It was a very slow day where I could barely function. Good thing it was a very easy deployment.

I had talked to Bruce who is the Marathon Clinic instructor and store manager over at the Running Room about missing the Sunday run. I got out voted and told to not even try if I was feeling that bad. So feeling guilty I stayed home Sunday. I did get out for a 2.5Km slow run around.

Got up Monday, and felt not to bad, ran 4K into work, and I have to admit it felt like 20K. I was starting a new engagement so I was not going to miss my first day. As it was I got to noon and threw in the towel. I went home and slept from 12:30PM to almost 6:00PM. Went out to the Dal Chorale practice, and hit the sack about 10:00PM again and slept until 6:00AM. So lots of sleep, but that did the trick, today I ran 6K in, which was still about ½ of what I normally run on Tuesday but it felt like a 10K run rather then a 20K run so I must be improving.

I am not sure what the turn around was, but I can tell you Monday morning I started taking Cold F/x. I am not endorsing Cold F/x but just saying I started taking it yesterday and today I feel 100% improved over yesterday.

Looking forward to seeing another 100% improvement tonight, and getting back to a proper running schedule starting with the 19K run on Sunday. Will be looking for those hills tomorrow it is 6x repeats. Runners love those hills.

Harry

No comments: