Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A quick look at the last few days

Well here we are 8 weeks from the Bluenose and last Sunday I finished my first ever 29Km run. I can say that I felt good when I finished, this is a good sign that my training is on track. While my legs did feel very heavy in the last 4K or so, I finished up right and smiling.

Just to let you know I used Cliff Blocks for energy with no problems. My blood sugar was in good shape when I finished, but dropped rapidly as it always does. I enjoyed a nice sugar free cinnamon Latte from Starbucks, the guy put Whipped cream on top, which for 20seconds I debated whether or not to scoop out.

I decided not to scoop it out, I talked to the Coffee creator there and we decided there was not really enough sugar in the whipped cream to hurt me. After which it was a Lobster Omelet at My Fathers Moustache here in Halifax. Then it was off to rehearsal for 2.5 hours. So you are saying what is my blood sugar was 2 hours after all that yummy food. 3.6, yep still low. Considering the food I shoveled in my mouth including a latte with homo milk, whipped cream etc.

So you can see again how important exercise is in the grand scheme of life for a diabetic. If you are type II diabetic and don’t exercise shame on you, you are missing the other half of the equation.

Last night (Tuesday March 26, 2007) I took part in a great concert, we sang Verdi’s Requiem. It was an amazing night with great music. We sang to a full house at the Rebecca Cohen at Dalhousie. The choir consisted of 140 members, 4 local soloists and a mix of Nova Scotia Youth Orchestra, Symphony Nova Scotia Members, Nova Scotia Brass and the Chebucto Community Symphony orchestra.

If you were not there to bad, maybe next time you missed a great evening of Great music, and a chance to see 200 people dressed in Tux’s and black evening wear.

No comments: