Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Finding Postive in Negative

Well the unthinkable has happened, this is really sucking at the moment, but life is like that on occasion. Last Friday, was called up to the office with my HR representative and the Project manager, you got to know when you get that call you know that it’s not for a big fat raise. In fact it was to be told that things on the engagement suck and that they are going to let everyone go on April 13, 2007 if they cannot place us within the company.

My first thoughts on this were anger as you can expect, I moved to Halifax for this job, I gave up a good job for what I thought was a great opportunity to learn and advance. Shame on me to think that any good could come from risking it all, like most folks who moved to Halifax, we are not trapped. If I don’t find an opportunity here, I either have to contract out and work away from my home or take a job that involves “Would you like to Super size that sir”.

It’s funny but when I look back at the last few years, good stuff gets balanced out by bad stuff. Its like accounting, you can’t have a good credit with out a bad credit. For example, my meeting Aingeal, that is the best thing that has happened to me, 1 year later, I get diagnosed with Diabetes. I graduate 3 rd in class from college find a good job with NEBS, My 20 year marriage comes to an end and I go into a 4 year depression.

Thanks to Aingeal who turned my life around YEAH I am glad she puts up with my stuff. For an almost 50 year old, I can be pretty child like at time. Hey better then acting my age anytime. Now for the third strike I come to Halifax for a job that I thought would rule them all, but it turns out I am going to get the shaft. Lesson learned, they can love you and pat you on the back, but watch when they pat you on the back you may not feel the kick me sign.

However, let’s turn this negativity around as I am going to say that I will not let myself get down, I choose to stay happy no matter what. If life turns out to hand you a bunch of lemons make lemon aid. This is going to be an opportunity for me to advance myself personally. One makes there own opportunity I did that to get to Halifax I will do it again to stay in Halifax.

My motivation is from within, and I refuse to give into the dark side. I can’t see myself as Darth Harry.

No comments: