Friday, February 16, 2007

Rant

Rant on:
I was wandering through the food court after coming out of the gym this morning. It’s no wonder why are life expectancies are going down. Here I am a Type II diabetic who struggles to maintain a balance diet so that my BS (Blood Sugar) does not rise into a dangerous count.

So on occasion I find myself mad that I am diabetic and others who are bigger and more obese are not. Foods that other folks take for granted I either have to deny myself or eat so little of it’s hardly worth putting on the plate. Take for instance the gentleman who I saw this morning eating his breakfast.

His breakfast consisted of 500ML 1% chocolate milk, 2 Slices of bacon, 2 eggs, 2 slices of toast with butter, a ½ plate of hash browns. His breakfast weighs in at 993 calories. For a diabetic we are looking at 3 proteins 6 fats, 9 carbs. It’s a wonder why we are going diabetic.

I looked at that and said that is how I used to eat, Ok I am skinny and eat like a bird, Breakfast was 6oz Light Hot chocolate 9g carbs, 3 melba toast with 2 tbsp of peanut butter and a Orange. which amounts to about 2+ carbs 1fat and and a bit of protein

Lunch was 2 small sugarless cookies and about 12 oz of homade veggie soup cream. 3 carbs, 1 fat and a little protien. I have now eating two meals, ran 5.5KM at lunch did 20 minutes on the eliptical machine and I still have not eaten as much as that guy for his breakfast.
Heres to long life.

Rant off

2 comments:

FreddyBeachPete said...

Hey man,

I don't know that I can say its "normal" but I can say that I often have the same feelings as you towards my own Type 2 and the behaviours I see in others. Here I am active, eating right, non-smoker, non-drinker and I am the one who gets diagnosed. My cousin (a doctor) simply says, "Bad luck".

Just remember that with every run you do, you are probably inspiring somebody else to be healthier and you are certainly doing yourself good.

Besides, a good rant is good medicine too I'm sure.

Harry Jacobs said...

Always good to have some support in those sentiments. Love the Bad luck from your cousin the doctor.

No luck about my diabetes,I put myself here by being a glutton and no exercise for 4 years after my marraige died after 20 years. But thanks to my new Partner in crime Aingeal, I am healthy